How Ink Images is Trying to Save Our Planet
Through the years, Ink Images has been a leader in managing our business in a way that impacts the environment in a friendly, positive, and thoughtful manner. Long before others were paying attention to environmental issues, we implemented the following Environmental Vision and Management Policy:
- Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades-old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp. These tree farms not only ensure a sustainable, ongoing paper supply but also assure the land they use will remain undeveloped commercially.
- We recycle all of our unused and scrap paper. That means any paper that is not delivered to the customer is recycled. Frankly, it is a lot of work and effort, and would be less expensive to just let it go to the landfill. That's OK, though, because we believe it to be a very valuable effort.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible and encourage others to do the same.
- We use inks and toners that are recyclable.
- We use chemicals and solvents that are water soluble, biodegradable, and recyclable. They are often more expensive, but we consider these products to be a wise investment.
- We do whatever we can to reduce our electrical consumption and to minimize the use of all raw materials.
- A very important way we urge our customers to partner with us in our environmental efforts is by using our digital/Internet ordering, proofing, and reordering system. Use of our digital ordering system enables all of us to save substantial amounts of gasoline and other raw materials.
- If you have suggestions about other ways we could further limit our environmental impact, please call us with your ideas.